This varnish is not removable, if you want a removable varnish see the soluvar.
Read more about Liquitex High Gloss Varnish
• Apply as a final varnish over dry acrylic paint.
• Varnish surface and environment must be clean, dry and dust free.
• Acrylic paintings must be completely dried and cured for 48-72 hours before varnishing.
• Application may be done by brush or spray. Generally a sprayed application will be thinner, smoother and more even. Rolling or sponging application is not recommended.
• Caution: Acrylic paints and mediums become increasingly brittle in cold weather. Do not apply below 60
I had never used this product beforee. First usage, which was on a little model I am making, I used an artist brush. The product needed three thin layers to get the right depth of shine, but the shine is wonderful once complete. However, I hit a problem, which is absolutely no reflection on the product itself. The artist brush I was using started to break hairs and I had about twenty flecks in the finish! Arrrgghh!!! So I had to sand it back and recoat. So watch your brushes! The next surface I did, which was more or less flat, I experimented. I used a cotton bud to kind of 'pool' the product on. It worked! And no bits in the coat! The finish is much better, so far, although it needs another coat to bring the shine up a bit. The only difficulty I experienced doing it the second way was occasional really tiny bubble forming. However, I found I could very carefully work them out toward the edge and they were then gone. The varnish self-levels well and doesn't take forever to dry. I have played safe between layers and left it to cure before re-coating, as I want to try to get a really resilient finish. I love this stuff! Mrs Y L Griffin (Holsworthy, United Kingdom) on 26 Nov 2020
Delivery took a couple of days, even if other country, and package was professionally wrapped. And the product did its job, the metal object that we treated became indeed much shinier! George (Sweden) on 7 Dec 2015
This was for my Dad who works in acrylic and oil paint this varnish is low odour he wanted to highlight some areas in high gloss and this did the job perfectly Susan Rocke (Manchester, United Kingdom) on 4 Mar 2021