The extra-fine quality of Museum Aquarelle colour pencils makes them perfect for all the requirements of water-colour painting and artistic drawing.
• Leads: soft, 3.8 mm, high breaking strength
• Instantly and totally water-soluble
• Highly saturated pigments
• Low powdering
• Optimum transparency with no clouding effects
• Exceptional lightfastness (between *** and *****) in dry or wet use
• Bright colours
• Techniques: - watercolours, washes, crosshatching, graded applications, unlimited blending possibilities, mixed media - dry or wet drawing on all supports (paper, cardboard, canvas, etc.)
I ordered the landscape set last year and was impatient to get my hands on more colours as soon as the loose stock became available. These truly are amazing pencils with thick rich colour that washes out perfectly. I have been using them dry in a black sketchbook and using the white as a base for the colours which really makes them pop out from the page and positively glow with light. VALERIE GARDINER (Perros Guirec, France) on 31 Jan 2014
A very good product and easy to use once I realised how strong the colour and how easily it dilutes
Could the numbers on the pencils be included in the description for the single pencils as there isn't a colour name on them . Just to make ordering different colours easier. Felicity Cafferata (Congleton, United Kingdom) on 19 Nov 2013
These are the best watercolour pencils I've used.
Rich pigment which dissolves easily and leaves no trace of the pencil line.
Very good range of colours too. Jane Slattery (King's Lynn, United Kingdom) on 30 Jan 2014