- Low viscosity.
- Apply as a final varnish over dry acrylic or oil paint.
- Lowers intensity and depth of color, while reducing the surface glare.
- Permanent, removable, final varnish for acrylic and oil paintings that protects painting surface and allows for removal of surface dirt, without damaging painting underneath. Once surface is clean, a new coat of Soluvar® may be reapplied to surface.
- Thin with mineral spirits or turpentine. Do not use Odorless Mineral Spirits.
- Dries to a clear, non-tacky, water resistant, hard film that is resistant to retention of dirt and prevents dirt and pollutants from contacting paint surface.
- Self-leveling. Will not hold brush strokes.
- Flexible. Will not crack as surface expands and contracts during temperature and humidity changes.
- Resists discoloring (non-yellowing, non-fogging) due to humidity, heat and ultraviolet light.
- For interior and exterior use
Read more about Liquitex Soluvar Matte Varnish