Rooted in 1783 London and named after George Rowney the company’s founder, Georgian Oil Colours from Daler-Rowney enrich contemporary artistic expression through modern and brilliant colours, optimal pigment loads and a very satisfying feel under both brush and knife.
Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England, Georgian Oil Colours provide colour consistency from wet to dry and even performance and finish across all colours. Due to their careful formulation, Georgian Oil Colours generally require very limited quantities of mediums so can be used freely straight from the tube allowing the artist to concentrate on spontaneous creativity.
• Available in 54 colours
• High pigment loads include traditional pigments cadmium and cobalt
• Exceptionally permanent and brilliant colours
• Colours are intermixable and consistent from wet to dry
• Surface dry in 4 to 5 days
• 24 single pigment colours
• 31 opaque or semi-opaque colours
• All colours are rated as Permanent**** or Normally Permanent***
• Smooth and buttery consistency, ideal for experimenting different brush and knife techniques
• Easy mixing with mediums provides endless creative possibilities
• Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England
KB - thumbs from me for service, thank you very much. - Georgian Oil Colour 38ml Prussian Blue
As for the paint - deemed an economy (student) quality paint, I thought very good and in terms of standard, would grade it high end economy oil paint.
Paint out of the tube, a lovely consistency, bit like soft butter and the colour was as one expects from Prussian Blue - a dark, rich navy like blue, usually transparent. It's as I like my colours to be, single pigmented - so mixes well, without muddying. Elaine Geall (Bournemouth, United Kingdom) on 9 Mar 2020
1 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you? yes |
Value for money, Julian Black (Blandford Forum, United Kingdom) on 4 Nov 2018
1 of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? yes |
Great service allways
I have yet to use these colours from the Georgian collection;but others I have are good. Yes you can pay more money for ultimate quality, but as a fledgling artist of 2 years I think they serve the purpose well. Glenn Beavis (Cirencester, United Kingdom) on 1 Jun 2019
0 of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you? yes |