If you love taking a paint brush to a new colour, painting out a stroke, watching the colour flow across your paper and experiencing the joy of a beautiful new watercolour, then you are really going to enjoy this!
From our current collection of Extra Fine Watercolours - the best watercolours for Artists - we now have a wonderful way for you to sample the complete range of 5ml tube Watercolours. Our DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolour 5ml Range Try-It Colour Sheet! These are “paint-able” dots of pure DANIEL SMITH watercolours that you can paint out yourself to experience 88 our beautiful watercolours, that’s the complete 5ml range including 10 PrimaTeck colours.
CREATE your Own Reference Book!
Developing an easy-to-use personal reference guide of your watercolours is always a good idea, and our 66 Try-It Colour Sheet is a great way to get started!
- Cut the 5ml Range Try-It Colour Sheet into 88 reference tabs so that each of the 88 watercolour dots are on their own rectangle.
- Be sure to preserve the information (watercolour name, series number, sku number, and colour information) printed on the paper for each colour.
- Using sheets of watercolour paper or pages in a Watercolour Journal, staple each reference rectangle onto a page.
In our example, we used 8.5" x 11 sheets and punched holes so that they could be inserted into a binder later.
- Dip your brush into water, then onto the watercolour dot on the stapled Reference rectangle.
- Take up the pigment and paint it out on your Reference Book page.
- Brush out the released pigment on the paper, experimenting with pigment density and transparency/granulation.
- You can then write in notes about the colour, such as Tips and Tricks about Wet onto Wet/Dry Paper Techniques.
Create Mixing References too - combinations that you want to remember and use later.