Rooted in 1783 London and named after George Rowney the company’s founder, Georgian Oil Colours from Daler-Rowney enrich contemporary artistic expression through modern and brilliant colours, optimal pigment loads and a very satisfying feel under both brush and knife.
Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England, Georgian Oil Colours provide colour consistency from wet to dry and even performance and finish across all colours. Due to their careful formulation, Georgian Oil Colours generally require very limited quantities of mediums so can be used freely straight from the tube allowing the artist to concentrate on spontaneous creativity.
• Available in 54 colours
• High pigment loads include traditional pigments cadmium and cobalt
• Exceptionally permanent and brilliant colours
• Colours are intermixable and consistent from wet to dry
• Surface dry in 4 to 5 days
• 24 single pigment colours
• 31 opaque or semi-opaque colours
• All colours are rated as Permanent**** or Normally Permanent***
• Smooth and buttery consistency, ideal for experimenting different brush and knife techniques
• Easy mixing with mediums provides endless creative possibilities
• Traditionally crafted and triple-milled in England
I’ve been using Georgian oil colour for more years than I care to remember and it has never wavered in the excellence of its colour, consistency or value. Although, these days I can afford and do buy more expensive paint ( mainly Old Holland) Daler Romney Georgian oil colour is the mainstay of my palette. Colin Campbell (Glasgow, United Kingdom) on 4 Mar 2019
A great value product that dries well and colour matches from tube to tube.
A great medium for the hobby painter. John Todd (Seaham, United Kingdom) on 27 Aug 2019